Butter Olive Oil Recipes
1 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup Butter olive oil from Olive Oil Etcetera
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 medium extra ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously coat one large or 2 small loaf baking pans with olive oil.
- In mixer bowl add brown sugar, eggs, egg whites, butter olive oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add bananas and yogurt. Blend for another minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared loaf pan/s.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until a knife can be inserted and comes out clean.
*Recipe adapted from Olive Oil Desserts by Micki Sannar
This is simple and rich in flavor and texture!
4 oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
1/3 cup butter or blood orange olive oil
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
For added decadence
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat an 8x8 baking pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place chocolate and olive oil in glass mixing bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minute to melt. Stir until melted and smooth.
- In Mixing bowl add eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix on medium - high speed about 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Fold in flour and salt. Mix until moistened . Be careful not to over mix. Add chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake 20- 25 minutes or until center comes out clean. Remove and cool slightly before serving.
* Recipe adapted from Olive Oil Desserts by Micki Sanar