Kale Caesar Salad
Kale is one of those leafy greens you either like or don't. I think if you do it right and give it a chance, you might find you are on the "I like it" end of things. First, it has health benefits such as antioxidants and vitamin C; it is dense in nutrients and low in calories.
You can and should prep kale ahead of time; kale should be massaged with its dressing to have the right texture in a salad. A benefit of doing it ahead of time is that you will also have less prep during the week.
Kale Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups fresh kale or more if omitting Romaine
- 4 Cups Romaine lettuce
- 2 Cups Croutons (store bought or fresh made work) - see Recipe for homemade on the bottom of the page
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Optional - hard boiled eggs, slivered almonds, olives
- or tomatoes
- 1 batch Lime Caesar Dressing below
Wash kale, cut if necessary; do the same with romaine lettuce. After you make the dressing toss it with the Greens. Enjoy!
Lime Caesar Dressing Recipe:
- 1/2 Cup plain greek yogurt (I use homemade - RECIPE)
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 teaspoons anchovy paste (to taste)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce ( and try to pronounce it aloud!)
- 1 Garlic clove - minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt and a pinch of black pepper
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons milk to make dressing more of a liquid and cover kale
Directions: Add all the ingredients in a bowl to mix except the milk. Add the milk a little at a time until desired consistency.