I love the fall and just got a new cookbook with a Autumnal Pumpkin Bread. I changed it a little to add raisins and switched out the butter for olive oil. You can also do half butter and half oil which would be 1 stick of butter and 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons oil.
I also used whole wheat flour but you can use all - purpose like the recipe calls for if you want.
- Butter to grease pan (need 2 8x4 inch loaf pans)
- 2 cups all - purpose flour, plus more to sprinkle in the loaf pan
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Nutmeg or freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or freshly ground
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter or Substitute 3/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil or Butter Olive Oil
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie
- 1/2 cup or to taste pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat Oven to 325F.
- Grease loaf pan and sprinkle with flour
- Add the dry ingredients together and whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter or oil or a combination of both. Oil makes a wetter cake. Beat the sugar and oil/butter and add 1 egg at a time. Blend in the pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin and beat with a mixer until fluffy. Add in the raisins (optional) by folding with a spatula. You can also add the seeds here by hand but I add them to the top after the batter is in the loaf pan.
- Split the batter in half and bake for 65 minutes, when the center comes out clear with a toothpick.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack.