Stove Top Spinach Artichoke Dip
This dip is quick and easy! You can also make this ahead of time and then re-heat or bake the day you want to serve it. When re-heating, take the dip out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature, then bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until all the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- 1 Tablespoon Arbequina Olive Oil from Olive Oil Etcetera
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 package (10 Ounces) chopped frozen spinach (thawed and drained of excess water)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14 oz, drained and chopped)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Fresh cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- Chips, crackers or veggies for dipping
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil. When oil is hot add the onions and garlic. Cook until they are light brown, but not burnt, about 2 minutes
- Add spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Cook until ingredients are combined well, about 3 minutes
- In this order: Add milk first, then stir, Then add cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. When mixture begins to melt, turn heat to low.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slowly stir and simmer ingredients until all cheese is completely melted and dip becomes creamy and well combined. Cook for another 2-3 minutes to blend flavors together.
- Serve immediately when it's warm with crackers, chips or veggies.