This robust honey from Savannah Georgia will hold up to cooking and the ingredients that are added. It is flavorful and sweet and 100% made in the USA.
Recipe and photo from Savannah Bee Company website:
Whether roasted or grilled, these kebabs are great for dinner parties or as appetizers. Try them out at your next party, but consider yourself warned: you will need to make extra!
What You Will Need:
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon (or other spicy) mustard
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup Savannah Bee Company’s Grill honey
- 1/2 cup Highland Brewing Company’s Oatmeal Porter
- 3-4 cup chopped shallots
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- Chopped cilantro
What You Do:
- Whisk together garlic, red pepper flakes, Dijon, soy sauce, black pepper, olive oil, honey, and beer.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and refrigerate for anywhere from 1 hour to overnight.
- After the chicken has marinated, put the chicken in a pan and set marinade aside.
- Sautee chopped shallots in a pot with a little olive oil, then add leftover marinade. Bring marinade to a boil and then simmer for 8 minutes. Marinade will thicken and become a glaze.
- Bake chicken in the pan at 400° for 30-40 minutes and brush on glaze halfway through.
- Remove chicken and skewer each piece. Brush once more with glaze and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.