Chocolate Chip Cookies
No butter = no saturated fat!
2/3 cup Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Olive Oil Etcetera
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract (optional)
1 Tablespoon milk or heavy cream
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet or your favorite chocolate chips (Debbie adds 2 cups)
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat large cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray or parchment paper.
- In a mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Blend until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and butter extracts (optional), and milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Blend well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes and cool on wire racks.
*Recipe adapted from Olive Oil Desserts by Micki Sannar (available in our shop)