Oat Date Bites
No bake, Chewy, Sweet Date balls are so good and can be made with or without certain ingredients as long as you have the right consistency or flavor combinations.
I have substituted the almonds for walnuts or pecans. and I have also added chia seeds for omegas. I also made them with Cocoa Nibs.
Do not substitute the Medjool Dates, I found some amazing ones that are super soft near us at a produce mart and love them.
- 1.5 cups packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup roasted or raw almonds/walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste, I add a little less
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt or a few grinds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Pulse your ingredients in a food processor a few ingredients at a time depending on your food processor and its strength. You can everything to form a big sticky clump or fruit and nut dough. You do not want chunks of any particular ingredient as you want all of the flavors to blend together.
Roll your fruit mixture into balls and coat them with shredded coconut.
Refrigerate the balls and enjoy! They are best cold and a little firm.
*Recipe adapted from Genevieve Ko