- Fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Olive Oil Etcetera, for brushing
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Sea Salt from Olive Oil Etcetera
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Brush a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with oil. Line with parchment, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the long sides. Brush parchment with oil; set aside.
- Put granulated, corn syrup, vanilla sea salt, and 3/4 cup water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, without stirring until mixture registers 238 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put 3/4 cup cold water into the bowl of an electric mixer; sprinkle with cut marshmallow into 2-inch squares. Sift remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar into a small bowl, and roll each marshmallow in the sugar to coat.
Marshmallows can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.