Make sure to tear the veins from the kale so it is easier to eat and always, always massage the kale with the dressing to make it more tender.
- 4 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 cup red onion or sweet vidalia
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil or your favorite go to for Kale
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons agave or delicate honey
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- White raisins or dried cherries/ your favorite fruity add in (optional)
- Slivered or sliced almonds or something crunchy if you want it
- Kale - enough for 8 cups packed tightly - about 6 handfuls
Put all of the ingredients except the kale in the blender to make a creamy dressing. The garlic and the onion will dissolve and a smooth dressing will be made after blending.
Pour over your kale, massage the kale while tearing the veins or harder pieces off and taking them out of the salad. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add the raisins and or the almonds. Enjoy
This salad can sit in the refrigerator with the dressing for up to 2 days as kale holds up to moisture better than some other greens.