Lemon Balsamic Chicken
- 8 chicken pieces or boneless breasts cut thin, if you prefer
- 3 Tablespoons Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar from Olive Oil Etcetera
- 2 Lemons - Zested, 1 juiced and the other cut into slices for serving
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Olive Oil Etcetera
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter or Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Prick the chicken pieces or breasts with a fork so the marinade penetrates the inner meat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 2 Tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar with half of the lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the chicken to coat and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Mix the remaining balsamic vinegar and lemon juice together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe pan or griddle pan if you want the marks and prefer your liquid to settle. After the oil is hot, add the butter and then the chicken. Let the chicken brown and flip it over to the other side. This takes about 4 minutes on 1 side and 1 on the other.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining balsamic and lemon juice mixture and transfer pan to the oven. Make sure the pan is oven-proof. Cook the chicken about 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken with oven mitt and add more butter or lemon olive oil. Pour all of the lemon juice from the pan over the chicken and serve it with lemon wedges. Add a drizzle of Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar to the chicken for more flavor as well.