Meyer Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil from Olive Oil Etcetera
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium lemon (zest and juice) divided
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 16 oz fresh or frozen blueberries
- Powdered Sugar to dust the top
- Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat eggs and sugar with whisk attachment on high speed for 5 minutes or until light in color and thick.
- Add sour cream, oil, vanilla and salt, whisk on low speed until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, then add to batter 1/3 at a time, whisking to incorporate with each addition. Finally, add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp zest.
- Rinse blueberries and drain well. In a medium bowl toss blueberries with cornstarch and 1 tsp lemon juice, stirring until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains. If using frozen blueberries, omit the lemon juice when combining with cornstarch.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the blueberries. Spread with remaining batter then sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them slightly into the batter (about halfway). Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake rest in the pan for 20 minutes, remove ring and cool until at room temperature. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.