- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic or sliced, sometimes I use my peeler to make slices
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder or chili powder (Spicy)
- Cumin (optional)
- 3 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained. (45 oz total)
- 1 8 oz jar salsa
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Grated Cheese
- Sour cream
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium - high heat. I used a large sauce pan so I could use my immersion blender in it. Add the minced or sliced garlic to the hot oil and let it cook about 1 minutes, pay attention so it doesn't burn.
- Stir in the water, spices black beans and salsa. Bring to a boil and let it simmer about 1 minute. I let it simmer closer to 5 minutes but the original recipe says 1 minute.
- Put the immersion blender into the sauce pan and puree, leaving some beans whole but I like most of mine blended. Stir in lime juice and simmer another 10 minutes. Taste and add more spices (salt, pepper, chili, Etc).
Serve with sour cream, chopped cilantro and grated cheese.
Don't forget the tortilla chips!