This sauce can be served over pasta, bread or used as a dip. It is a tomato sauce so you can put it over chicken too.
- Tomatoes - chopped (1 large tomato per serving)
- Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic - Minced
- Salt, pepper, basil, etc.
- Sugar - to reduce the acidity in your tomatoes
- Chop tomatoes. If you prefer a smooth sauce take skins off prior to chopping tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add minced garlic; making sure not to burn garlic. Add your tomatoes to reduce them and they will start to liquify. Mash tomatoes as they cook. Add your spices and sugar in desired amounts. Taste and adjust.