Hearty White Bean Tomato Soup
- 1-2 Tbs Roasted Garlic Olive Oil* or Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion powder, salt and pepper to taste...adding more later when you do a taste test
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence from the Spice Lab*
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomatoes or Optional: 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs of red wine vinegar* or red wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 potatoes, chopped to cook
- 2 - 3 Cans of cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped kale (stems removed) or use spinach
- 1/2 lemon juiced- squeezed fresh
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Bunch of basil, chopped (optional)
- Heat Roasted Garlic Olive Oil or Tuscan Herb Olive oil over medium heat in a large stock or soup pot. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add All of the dry Spices, combine to cook and toast.
- Add in tomatoes, vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, put heat on low and add beans, kale (finely chopped or torn) and chopped potatoes. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to combine and thicken. I like to leave some chunks of vegetable and beans so do not over process unless you like a less chunky soup. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and stir.
- (Optional) finish off with an extra drizzle of Roasted Garlic Olive Oil. Serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.